Zaku is just a disposable underling, with its name derived from the sound of a huge man (or many
soldiers) walking and the Japanese term 雑魚(zako), meaning "inferior fish", signifying expendable grunts.

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Recolouring... and it's no gundam!

Been a while since I posted anything about my new place... we finally found a replacement contractor person, and progress has since been picking up pace.

The first thing that caught my attention when the real estate agent opened the door was this set of stairs leading up to the first floor. It just screams 'attention whore!!!' and I've been itching to dabble in a bit of amateur home makeover ever since :P

'Out of the box' colour.
Seeing that it would take me literally a whole truckload of Mr Color to properly complete the paintjob, I recruited some professional help. They came with plaster and cement, but the wall itself was surprisingly well done and smooth. No need for any sanding or other surface prep work (I'm looking at you Bandai!). First, we decided to paint most of the house in a shade of beige.


Next up was a layer of dark brown.
I really wish I brought my Nikon this morning, The iPhone camera couldn't quite get the exposure right. Or maybe I'm just a lousy photographer. Sigh.


And then a much lighter clay-brown paint.
Forgot to actually ask the painter for his permission to post his mugshot on the internet, hence the pixel mosaic. The new house paints from Nippon are amazing - almost odourless. Unlike hobby paints :(


And we're done!
Not really my own piece of work, but am rather pleased with the results. The real test comes when I bring the missus to see it this Saturday - fingers and toes crossed in hope that she will actually like my three tone 'feature' wall. 

1 comment:

Persocom said...

I like the 3 tone much much better than the original, looks really nice :D one color is just too plain.